No matter what you are grilling this summer, be safe and use these tips to have great cookouts.
Use proper temperatures/cooking times:
• Poultry: at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Ground pork or beef: 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Beef, veal and lamb steaks and roasts: 145 degrees Fahrenheit for medium rare and 160 degrees Fahrenheit for medium.
• Fin fish: 145 degrees Fahrenheit or until the flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork.
• Clams, oysters and mussels: until the shells are open.
• Shrimp, lobster and crabs: until the meat is pearly and opaque.
• Keep cold food at 40 degrees Fahrenheit or below until served. Hot food should be kept at 140 degrees Fahrenheit or above until served.