Farmland Leasing workshops set for SW Nebraska
Farmland leasing workshops have been scheduled for southwest Nebraska. These will be held in:
• Grant, Dec. 17, 6:30 p.m. MT, at Zion Lutheran Church, hosted by the Perkins County Extension office
• McCook, Dec. 9, 1 p.m. CT at the fairgrounds, hosted by the Red Willow Extension office
• Imperial, Dec. 9, 6 p.m. MT at the fairgrounds, hosted by the Chase County Extension office
• North Platte, Dec. 11, 6:30 p.m. CT at the West Central Research and Extension Center, hosted by the Lincoln County Extension office
This workshop is designed to assist landowners, tenants, and other agri-business professionals with issues related to farmland ownership management and leasing arrangements. It is an excellent way for the landlord and tenant to stay in touch and maintain positive leasing relationships. Participants will learn how to set a fair lease and get questions answered.
UNL Extension Educators Robert Tigner and Jessica Johnson will present:
• Trends in farmland values
• Trends in cash lease values
• Good lease communications
• Writing a good lease
• Flexible cash rent leases
This free workshop is sponsored by the Nebraska Soybean Board and the North Central Risk Management Agency. Refreshments and handouts are provided.
Register by calling the Perkins County Extension Office at 308-352-4340 by Dec. 13 to ensure there are enough handouts and refreshments.