NEW: Scavenger hunt—enter to win Chamber Bucks. Food, shopping, Santa, holiday spirit. Bring the family!
By Jan Rahn
Get ready to shop, eat, visit and become immersed in the holiday spirit when Chamber hosts their annual Christmas Open House event in downtown Grant on Nov. 21.
There will be bargains galore, food, vendors, specials, drawings and ideas for gift giving from 5-8 p.m.
A new, fun and entertaining event this year is the addition of a “scavenger hunt.”
The scavenger hunt will lure shoppers into many open businesses—six of those will have stickers which can be picked up and placed on an entry form to automatically enter shoppers in a drawing for eight $25 Chamber Buck prizes that night. Entry forms may be picked up and dropped off at the Tribune-Sentinel office located at 327 Central.
Also during the evening, shoppers can enter the December Chamber Buck drawings which will be held each Saturday next month.
Kicking off the Christmas holiday in November gives shoppers a chance to get an early jump on gift purchases and highlights what Perkins County has to offer—“shop at home!”
• Santa will pay a visit to The Barber Pole and children who sit on his lap will receive a print courtesy of Alee Photography.
• Vendors: The banks, the senior center and the library will open their lobbies to host vendors that offer a variety of items such as cookies, jewelry, crafts, jams/jellies, baked goods, cheesecake, scarves, Watkins, Pampered Chef, and Scentsy products.
• Food: Along Central Avenue, hungry shoppers have a choice of places to eat—a potato bar at the senior center, food at 310 Central American Grill, In & Out, Kwik Stop and Subway.
• Library: The Hastings Memorial Library will display the new newspaper database, hold a book sale, and host vendors.
• Museum: The Perkins County Museum will be open and decorated for touring.
• Scavenger hunt: Pick up forms at the Tribune office; find stickers at special location within six Chamber businesses open that evening; return form to Tribune for chance to win one of eight $25 Chamber Buck prizes.
• Santa will arrive at The Barber Pole at 5:30 p.m. and visit with children until 7 p.m. Come see Santa to receive a photo and treat.
• GVFD: From 5-7 p.m., the Grant Volunteer Fire Department will be open to offer refreshments, prize drawings and tools/equipment for viewing.
• Meadowlark Gallery will have refreshments and quilts on display.