Weather Forecast

Click for Grant, Nebraska Forecast

Time to compare Medicare Part D plans PDF Print E-mail

Anyone enrolled in a Medicare Prescription Drug (Part D) plan will have the opportunity to compare and change prescription drug plans as of Oct. 15-Dec. 7 either by going to the Medicare website,, calling Medicare at 1-800-633-4227 or attending an area enrollment event.
Call 1-800-662-2961 to find the dates, times and nearest locations.
Again this year the Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) volunteers and the University of Nebraska Extension Educators have teamed up to provide free, unbiased counseling information and enrollment for older Nebraskans and persons with disabilities who need a Medicare Prescription Drug plan or need to make a change in their present plan.
To facilitate counseling and enrollment, persons will need to bring a pharmacy printout of their current medications with the dosage and times taken per day and their Medicare card.
The following are area locations: for counseling and enrollment:
Elsie: Elsie Meal Site: 308-352-4236
Grant: UN-L Extension, Perkins County Courthouse, 352-4340; Perkins County Senior Center, 308-352-4612
Imperial: UN-L Extension at Chase County, 135 W 5th, 882-4731
Madrid: Madrid Senior Meal Site, 308-352-4236
Ogallala: Keith County Senior Center, 308-284-6740; UNL Extension in Keith County, 308-284-6054
Venango: Venango Meal Site, 308-352-4236.