Weather Forecast

Click for Grant, Nebraska Forecast

USDA gives haying updates PDF Print E-mail

The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced Monday that more temporary assistance will be provided to livestock producers through Farm Service Agency’s (FSA’s) Conservation Reserve Program (CRP).
Farmers and ranchers affected by drought will now be allowed to hay or graze additional practices that were not originally available to them.
Perkins County has been authorized to release additional conservation practices, which include CP25, for emergency haying or grazing effective immediately.
Other changes to the original provisions include reducing the annual CRP rental payment reduction from 25 percent to 10 percent, and the sale of hay will be allowed as long as hay was not sold from the same land anytime during the previous two years of the CRP contract.  
Producers who are interested in emergency haying or grazing CRP acres must request approval prior to haying or grazing eligible acres.

Contact your local FSA office for more information regarding drought assistance or additional information can also be found on the web at