Red Cross offers life-saving health and safety training to adults/teens
The American Red Cross will offer several health and safety training courses such as First Aid/CPR/AED and Babysitters Training at the Mid-Plains, located at 1111 S. Cottonwood, North Platte beginning May 7.
Blended learning–combines online learning with in-person skills sessions conducted by a Red Cross Certified Instructor. The new blended learning courses build the same knowledge and skills as a traditional classroom setting.
First Aid/CPR/AED will be provided monthly. These courses are perfect for daycare providers, manufacturing industries, office personnel, OSHA regulated industries and anyone that wants to be prepared to learn to save a life. Some topics covered in these courses include:
• Recognizing signals of emergencies.
• Skill practice and demonstrations in CPR and Wound Care.
• Caring for a person choking.
• Identify signals of common sudden illnesses.
• Describe purpose of Good Samaritan Laws.
Babysitter’s training will take place on May 17. The class session is 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and students should bring a sack lunch.
This course for 11 to 15-year-olds is fun and fast-paced with hands-on activities, exciting video, role-plays and lively discussions. Students will learn how to:
• Supervise children and infants.
• Perform basic child-care skills such as diapering and feeding.
• Choose safe, age-appropriate games and toys.
• Handle bedtime and discipline issues.
• Identify safety hazards and prevent injuries.
• Care for common injuries and emergencies such as choking, burns, cuts and bee stings.
• Communicate effectively with parents.
• Find and interview for babysitting jobs
Advance registration is required for classes. Visit redcross.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS to register or learn more.