Driver’s license examiner on temporary leave
The Perkins County DMV driver license examiner office is being temporarily closed at this time. The examiner who works in the county is on medical leave for an undetermined time period.
The DMV examiner will be in Ogallala every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 1-4:00 p.m.
Proof of Address Required
Those seeking a license will need to provide two forms of proof for their physical address, such as:
• Utility bill or credit card bill issued within the last 90 days.
• Account statement from a bank or other financial institution issued within the last 90 days.
• A blank check.
• Valid Nebraska vehicle registration.
• Valid real estate statement or receipt.
• Nebraska DMV renewal notice.
• Nebraska voter registration card.
• Pay stub or earnings statement issued within the last 90 days with the name and address of the employer.
• Valid life, health, auto or home insurance policy.
• Mortgage, lease or rental agreement. (Lease and rental agreements must include the landlord’s name and contact information.)
Proof of Identity Required
Persons will need to provide one form of proof of identity from the list below:
• Valid driver’s license.
• Certified birth certificate.
• Valid passport or passport card.
Social Security Number Required
Proof of social security number is required with one of the items below:
• Social Security Card
• W-2 form
• SSA-1099 form
• Pay stub showing applicant’s name and social security number
Anyone with questions may call the Perkins County Treasurer’s Office at 308-352-4542