Hand washing can prevent illness
According to the Centers for Disease Control, the most important thing a person can do to keep from getting sick is to wash hands. By frequently washing hands, common and serious diseases can be avoided.
Practicing the four principles of Hand Awareness behaviors will help people stay healthy this winter.
1. Wash hands when they are dirty and before eating.
2. Do not cough into hands.
3. Do not sneeze into hands.
4 Above all, do not put fingers into eyes, nose, or mouth. (T-zone)
Just a reminder to everyone on the correct way of washing hands:
1. Wet hands with warm water and use soap.
2. Rub hands together, making sure to scrub all areas.
3. Rub for a minimum of 15 seconds or sing “Happy Birthday.”
4. Rinse thoroughly, then dry hands on a clean towel.
5. Turn faucet off with a towel, not hands, to prevent recontamination.