Keeping voters informed
By Rita Long
Perkins County Clerk and Election Official
Here is some information along with important dates to keep the voters of Perkins County informed for the Nov. 6 General Election.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the Perkins County Clerk’s Office at 308-352-4643.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
• When is the last day to register to vote or to make changes to my voter registration?
Friday, Oct. 26. The county clerk’s office will remain open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on this date.
• Why is it important to verify my voter registration information at the county clerk’s office?
To make sure your voter information is correct. If it is not correct, it may slow your voting process at the polls.
• If I am a registered voter and I have not voted in several elections, may I vote in the Nov. 6 General Election?
• Is early voting available now?
Yes. You may vote now through Monday, Nov. 5 at the county clerk’s office in the Perkins County Courthouse. You may mail, fax, or deliver a signed early ballot request form to the county clerk’s office. The last day ballots can be mailed is Oct. 31 before 4 p.m.
• When must my Early Voter Ballot be returned and where?
By the close of polls (7 p.m.) on election day, Nov. 6, ballots must be returned to the county clerk’s office on the second floor of the courthouse.
• What time are the polls open on election day?
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.