Candidates must file soon for November election
By Jan Rahn
With the November General Election just four months away, candidates filing for a village trustee or ESU seat must meet the following deadlines:
• July 16 at 5 p.m. is the deadline for incumbents to file.
• Aug. 1 at 5 p.m. is the non-incumbent deadline.
The newest filings are for the Board of Trustees of the Village of Elsie. Both parties filed July 5.
Below is a list of seats to be filled:
• Village of Elsie: There are three open seats on the board. Colby Cook and Justin Hutcheson have filed as incumbents. The other incumbent is Zach Giesselmann.
• Village of Madrid: Incumbent Al Proctor has filed for one of three open seats. The other incumbents are Tim Moore and Nick Ross.
• Village of Venango: Non-incumbents Nathaniel Dodson and David Osborne have filed for two open seats. Incumbents are Donald Hahlweg and Darrell Patten.
• Upper Republican NRD: There is one open seat in SubDistrict 9 currently held by Tom Schroeder who has filed.
• Other seats: Two seats will be filled for Mid-Plains Community College District 2. Incumbent is David Lynch and at-large member is incumbent Ted Klug, Jr.
November General Election
• Incumbent Deadline: July 16
• Non-Incumbent Deadline: Aug. 1
Candidates entered in November’s race
Commissioner Dist. 1: Sid Colson-incumbent
City of Grant-Council: Ben Long, non-incumbent; Tim Pofahl, incumbent (two open seats).
Village of Elsie: Incumbents Colby Cook and Justin Hutcheson; (three open seats)
Village of Madrid: Al Proctor-incumbent (three open seats).
Village of Venango: Nathaniel Dodson, David Osborne, non-incumbents (two open seats).
Perkins County Schools: Incumbents Doug Beck, Shawn Turner, Jayson Bishop (three seats).
Upper Republican NRD Sub-District 9: Tom Schroeder (one seat).
Mid Plains Community College Dist. 2 and at-large member. No filings. Two seats.