Wallace Fall Festival is this weekend
By Jan Rahn
Lasting memories are promised to be made when the community of Wallace gathers for their annual Fall Festival this weekend.
“Where your memories last a lifetime” is the theme for this year’s event, with the two-day festival getting underway early Saturday, Sept. 17 with a biscuits and gravy free-will donation breakfast from 7-9 a.m. at the Wallace Hotel sponsored by the Wallace Fire Department.
A full slate of activities follows throughout the day, culminating with a street dance that night.
On Sunday, Sept. 18, a 6 p.m. community-wide cowboy church service at the park hosted by Fellowship of Christian Cowboys will end the weekend’s festivities.
Join friends and neighbors in celebrating this annual Wallace Fall Festival event. A recap of the day’s activities on Saturday include:
• Breakfast: 7-9 a.m., at the Wallace Hotel. Free will donation for biscuits and gravy sponsored by WVFD.
• Bake sales: One in conjunction with craft show at Legion and another hosted by United Methodist Women.
• All day: Brewed Awakening will be offering refreshments.
• All day: Cowboy Catering.
• 11:30 a.m.: Pit barbecue and hot dogs at community hall. Free will donation.
• 2-3 p.m. Watermelon feed at Mac’s Super Foods.
• 3-5:30 p.m.: Ice cream social/turkey legs at Wallace Hotel sponsored by Lions Club and the hotel.
• 7:30 a.m.: Walk/run at American Legion.
• 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Craft show in conjunction with a bake sale and book sale at the Legion.
• 9:30 a.m.: Kids Parade; line up at fire hall.
• 10 a.m.: Parade. Line up at airport 9 a.m. Awards for Old Scout and Good Neighbor to be presented.
• Following parade: Wheel of Fire at fire hall; kids games on main street; car and motorcycle show on main street.
• 11:30 a.m.-4 p.m.: Fun Jumpz and kids games in the park.
• Noon to 5 p.m.: Trap shoot east of airport.
• 1 p.m.: Adult baseball game, horseshoes (sign up at noon at Legion); bingo at Grandma Debs; rodeo at roping arena.
• 3 p.m.: Children’s Theatre, community hall.
• 5 p.m.: Frisbee golf at park.
• 6 p.m.: Demolition derby (sign up 4 p.m. south of park). Fireworks to follow derby.
• 8 p.m.-midnight: Teen dance (7th grade to age 20) at community hall featuring Sunset Alley; with opening band, The Rascals.
• Midnight to 1 a.m.: Beer garden, Double E Bar.
• 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.: Street dance on main street featuring Innocent Mischief.
• Sunday, Sept. 18: Community-wide cowboy church service at park.