Madrid is the place to be for fun Saturday
This Saturday, Aug. 27, is Madrid Day, and the entire community is invited to enjoy a full day of events that kick off with a flea market and parade, ending with a street dance.
Food will be available throughout the day and there will be entertainment for all age groups. Bring lawn chairs and join the fun!
Any questions can be directed to organizers Tim Moore 326-4485, Michelle Ross 352-4131, Julie Sestak 326-4475 or Melissa Wilson 326-4335.
Some of the scheduled events are listed below:
• 8 a.m.: Flea market north end of Perkins (contact: Mary Kier).
• 11 a.m.: Antique tractor show (contact: Kent Hilferty).
• 11:30 a.m.: Parade; lunch at fire hall.
• 1 p.m.: Car/bike show (contact: Justin Harris); penny scramble.
• 2 p.m.: Kids games/races (bring a bike); adult bingo; free watermelon feed.
• 2:30 p.m.: Motorcycle games (contact: Justin Harris).
• 3 p.m.: Fire truck and buggy rides at fire hall; pitch tournament at Little Country Kitchen.
• 4 p.m.: Kids bingo at community hall.
• 5 p.m.: Evening meal at fire hall, free-will donation.
• 7 p.m.: Kids movie at community hall.
• 6-12:30: Street dance.