• Citizen Washington Focus: All 4-H’ers wanting to take the 2012 CWF trip must turn in a signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and trip deposit by April 15, 2011 to secure a spot on this trip.
Remember, 4-H enrollment is required to go on this trip.
• Horse exhibitors: All horse ID sheets are due to the extension office by May 2. ID sheets must be turned in by this date to be eligible for all 4-H horse shows including county fair. Horse ID forms are available from the extension office of online at 4hunledu/web/4hcurriculum/horse under livestock references and forms.
Exhibitors interested in showing at district and state must have their level testing completed by May 13.
District and state horse show entries are due to the extension office by May 13. Contact the extension office if you require level testing or are interested in district or state horse show.
• May 2 is the deadline for Perkins County 4-H project enrollments. All enrollments must be turned in by this deadline for 2011 fair eligibility. Forms are available at the local extension office.
• Perkins County 4-H Foundation scholarship applications are due April 15. Contact the extension office for application forms and requirements.
• Quilts of Valor challenge: Adams and York counties are issuing a statewide 4-H Quilts of Valor challenge. Let’s see how many 4-H’ers, families and/or volunteers will create and donate quilts to service men and women who are protecting the country and who are “touched by war.” The quilts will be collected and given through the Quilts of Valor Foundation who has already donated over 36,000 quilts. Read about their successes at www.govf.org/index/html. Contact the extension office for details on the challenge.