Logo contest open to all for 125th anniversary celebration next year
By Jan Rahn
In 2012, residents of Perkins County will join in a 125th anniversary celebration of its establishment.
To bring a personal flavor to the commemoration being planned by a county-wide committee, residents are asked to take part in a logo competition.
Everyone is invited to participate—all ages, former and current residents.
The piece of art selected by the anniversary committee will be featured on everything relating to the 125th anniversary celebration.
There are a few guidelines to follow, and the winner will be chosen when the committee holds a meeting later this spring.
The winning artist will be featured in The Grant Tribune-Sentinel along with a photo of their original logo, which will become distribution property of the Perkins County 125th Anniversary Committee.
Here are the guidelines—get started and join in the fun to compete for the anniversary logo:
• Artwork must be either a drawing or painting.
• Black and white and color (up to four colors) are acceptable—but no photographs.
• Artwork must be 5x7 with the artist’s name and contact information on the back of the artwork.
• Deadline for submission is Friday, May 13, at 4 p.m. Submissions after this date will not be accepted.
• Submit to Grant City Hall, P.O. Box 614, Grant NE 69140. Phone: 308-352-2100.
• Winner will be selected on May 17.