|Scholarships available to ag students, 4-Hers|
The Nebraska Association of Fair Managers will award a $500 Martha and Don Romeo Scholarship to one qualifying 4-H male and one qualifying 4-H female who are graduating seniors in the state of Nebraska and who plan to continue with post high school education.
Also offered is a $500 STAATS Custom Awards scholarship to a qualifying FFA and/or 4-H graduating senior who is planning their post high school education.
Both scholarships will be awarded at the NAFM annual convention held in January.
The NAFM scholarship committee will consider the following:
• Each applicant must have exhibited his/her project in a county fair or at the state fair within the last four years.
• Each applicant must hold a 2.5 high school GPA and carry at least 12 credit hours.
• Each applicant must agree to apply the scholarship funds for tuition or fees at a two or four year college or equivalent.
• Each applicant must agree to apply the scholarship funds for tuition fees at a two or four year college or equivalent.
• Each applicant must have demonstrated support for his/her school and community.
• Each applicant must exhibit, during the application process, a desire to achieve the goals of which he/she is capable.
Applications are due in the extension office by Dec. 1.