|Get in fall mood at Wallace’s festival|
By Jan Rahn
Food, fun, games and fireworks—just a few of the things to enjoy during the annual Wallace Fall Festival set for this Saturday on main street.
A full slate of activities will keep all ages on the move throughout the day which begins with breakfast, followed by a parade and competitions, and wraps up with a street dance and fireworks.
Highlights of the day include:
• 7-9 a.m. CDT: Biscuits and gravy at the hotel.
• 9:30 a.m. : Kids parade. Line up at firehall.
• 10 a.m.: Parade. Line up at airport. Call entries to 387-4319.
• Kids games, antique vehicle and equipment show.
• 11:30 a.m.: Barbecue at community hall.
Throughout the day, drinks, snacks, barbecue are available at vendors along main street.
• Noon: Wiener dog races along main street. Dick Hasenauer 530-7333.
• 1 p.m.: Horseshoes at American Legion. Clarence Williams 387-4440.
• Bingo at Grandma Deb’s during afternoon.
• 1 p.m. Rodeo one mile north. Dwight Maseburg 387-4415 or Jeff Aylward 963-4487.
• 1 p.m. Volleyball. Laura Haddix 627-7291.
• 2 p.m. Watermelon feed at Mac’s Super Foods.
• 3 p.m. Melodrama at community hall, awards, and ice cream social.
• 5 p.m. Frisbee golf at park.
• 6 p.m. Demolition derby. Dick Hasenauer 530-7333.
• 8 p.m. Teen dance; 9 p.m. adult dance.
• Fireworks after dark.
Come celebrate the change of season with friends and neighbors during the Wallace Fall Festival!