|Free workshop in Imperial targets issues for small businesses|
By Jan Rahn
A free workshop for business owners will provide education on financial and legal concerns that are common in small businesses.
Several topics will be covered in this evening workshop sponsored by Southwest Nebraska Community Betterment Corporation.
The workshop is scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 8 from 6-8 p.m. at the Imperial campus of Mid-Plains Community College. Topics to be presented include:
• Employment eligibility issues
• Contract labor vs employment
• Grounds for firing, unemployment benefits
• Written agreements between partners
• Organizing the legal structure of a business
To pre-register log on to: register.centerforenterprise.com
This project is funded in part by a grant from the Nebraska Department of Economic Development administered by the Nebraska Rural Development Commission.