|November election candidates must meet upcoming deadline|
By Jan Rahn
Interested parties wishing to have their name on the ballot for the November General Election must throw their hat in the ring very soon.
Deadlines are July 15 (today) for incumbents and Aug. 2 for non-incumbents.
Villages along the Highline are seeking trustees for their boards. There are open ESU16 seats in District 9 and District 11.
• Venango: There are three open seats on the board, with only one incumbent filing thus far, Dennis Ekdahl. The other incumbents are Dale Grothman and William (Dude) Tines.
• Madrid: The two incumbents, Michelle Ross and Mark Heil, have filed for the two open seats on the board.
• Elsie: Two seats must be filled on the board. Incumbent Brenda Metcalf has filed. The other incumbent is Larry Biesecker.
• District 9: Incumbent Norma Mayer has filed for the lone seat.
• District 11: There is one seat open. Incumbent Dayton Reichman has filed.