|Midwest’s annual meeting March 18|
The public is invited to a free meal, entertainment and meeting portion of the event.
By Jan Rahn
Midwest Electric Cooperative Corporation will host its annual meeting and election of directors in three districts on Thursday, March 18, at Perkins County High School in Grant.
Membership will be provided with a meal, entertainment, prizes, and the opportunity to vote for directors in District 1, 5 and 9.
• Doors open: 5:30 p.m. at Perkins County High School.
• Registration and meal: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
• Business meeting: 7 p.m. Election of directors and featured topic by a senior student from Wallace.
• Prizes: Cash drawing of $2,000 for members only. Must be present to win. Two $100 drawings. Door prizes.
Brendon Cline, a senior at Wallace High School, will give a recap of his summer trip as youth tour representative in Washington, D.C.
Midwest urges youth in grades 9-10-11 to register for the Nebraska Rural Electric Energy Camp at Halsey which makes them eligible for a free trip to Washington, D.C. Counselors at the camp select a youth tour representative for the trip for the following year.
• District 1: Ron Ivers of Ogallala, incumbent; Larry Chandler, Brule; Brad Harms, Brule.
• District 5: Ron Hagan, incumbent, Madrid; Pat Aerni, Madrid; Randy Meyer, Madrid.
• District 9: Rod Clough of Wallace, incumbent; Ron Johnson, Elsie; Rod Griffiths, Elsie.