|Two more enter commissioner race|
By Jan Rahn
As filing deadlines approach, three more candidates have entered the election races in Perkins County.
Filing as a non-incumbent for the District 2 Commissioner seat is James Vak. Filing as a non-incumbent in the District 3 Commissioner race is John Woodmancy.
Other candidates for District 2 Commissioner are incumbent Leon Pankonin and non-incumbent Matt Waitley.
In District 3, other candidates besides Woodmancy are non-incumbent Ted Deaver and incumbent James Deaver.
Other recent filings are those of incumbents Amanda McGreer and Brenda Kiolbasa for the Perkins County Hospital Board.
Three positions will be filled on the Perkins County Hospital Board during the Primary Election in May.
The other incumbent is Bill Potts, who has not yet filed.
There have been no filings for two seats on the Grant City Council, nor for mayor of the City of Grant. Incumbent mayor is Mike Wyatt. Incumbent council members whose seats are up for election are Darrell Pierce and Dennis Hansen. No candidates have filed yet for the Village of Venango which has three seats to fill.
• Commissioner District 2: James J. Vak, non-incumbent
• Commissioner District 3: John J. Woodmancy, non-incumbent
• Perkins County Hospital Board: Amanda McGreer and Brenda Kiolbasa—both incumbents.
—May 11 Primary
• Incumbent deadline: Tuesday, Feb. 16.
• Non-incumbent deadline: Monday, March 1.
• Withdrawal: Once an incumbent files, they have until March 1 to withdraw from the race.
—November General Election
• Incumbent deadline: Thursday, July 15
• Non-incumbent deadline: Monday, Aug. 2