|Horticulture and Master Gardener training starts Feb. 16|
Garden enthusiasts may be interested in the 2010 Horticulture and Master Gardener Training sessions.
The program will be used as master gardener educational hours but is open to anyone even if not interested in joining the Master Gardener program. The cost is $10 per session for non master gardeners.
For participants interested in joining, the cost will be applied toward the master gardener fees.
The topics and dates for the program are:
• Feb. 16–Native Plants for Water Conservation by Kelly Feehan, UNL Extension Educator
• Feb. 23–An In-Depth Look at Fertilizers by Roch Gaussion, UNL Extension Turfgrass Specialist
• Mar. 2–Turfgrass and Related Insects by Jim Kalisch, UNL Entomologist
• Mar. 16–Tree & Shrub Pruning by Sarah Browning, UNL Extension Educator
• Mar. 23–Pesticide Safety and Non-chemical IPM Pest Control Techniques by Jim Schild, UNL Extension Educator
• Mar. 30–Beneficial Pollinating Insects and Vegetable Garden Pests by Wayne Ohnesorg, UNL Extension Educator
Each night’s schedule will be:
6:30–7:45 p.m. main speaker,
7:45–8:00 p.m. local discussion activity and break,
8:00–9:00 p.m. main speaker.
All sessions will be held at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln West Central Research and Extension Center located at 402 W State Farm Road, North Platte.
To pre-register or for more information contact the Lincoln-McPherson Extension Office at 308-532-2683 or 1-800-200-1381.
Pre-registration deadline one week prior to each session.