|Pesticide training set in February in Perkins County|
The following is a list of dates, times and locations in the Keith-Arthur and Perkins county area where one may attend private pesticide applicator training for initial certification or re-certification.
• Feb. 2, 10 a.m., Perkins County Fairgrounds, Grant
• Feb. 4, 10 a.m., Elsie Legion Hall, Elsie
• Feb. 9, 10 a.m., Valentino’s, Ogallala
• Feb. 11, 10 a.m., Paxton Community Center, Paxton
• Feb. 16, 1 p.m., Arthur County Courthouse, Arthur
The Extension program fee is $30 for these sessions. If a person cannot attend any of the above listed sessions, a self-study course may be completed at a cost of $60 in addition to the state license fee.
Anyone having received a “bar-coded” letter from the Nebraska Department of Agriculture about the need to re-certify may bring this letter to the private applicator training session.
This letter will save time and may be substituted for the NDA “bubble” application form. The bar-coded letter is not valid after April 15 of the current year.
Contact the Perkins County Extension Office, 352-4340, with any questions about pesticide training.